F. X. Browne, Inc. has administered and implemented recycling programs for municipalities. These recycling programs are typically funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection though the Act 101 - Section 902 Municipal Recycling Program Grant and the Act 101 – Section 904 Municipal Recycling Program Performance Grant.
F. X. Browne, Inc. assists municipalities with all aspects of residential, institutional, and commercial recycling programs:
• Assist municipalities in obtaining grants based on current recycling efforts
• Complete Applications for Act 101, Section 904 Recycling Performance Grants
• Complete Applications for Act 101, Section 902 Municipal Recycling Program Grants
• Assist in writing and revising recycling ordinances
• Implement a hauler registration program
• Obtain valid hauler documentation of collected wastes and recyclables
• Complete a year-end county recycling report
• Create and design recycling web pages
• Determine and advertise specific recycling options for small businesses
• Design posters to advertise small business recycling efforts and promote awareness
• Create a recycling survey and analyze recycling efforts within a municipality
• Create recycling fact sheets for businesses, schools, and environmental groups
• Create educational materials
Recycling Grant Project Summary
F. X. Browne, Inc. is retained yearly by various municipalities to assist with the completion of their Act 101 recycling report requirements.
F. X. Browne, Inc. assisted the municipalities in obtaining valid documentation from local haulers and the implementation of their hauler registration programs. Based on the data gathered, we calculated the grant award amount and the applications were submitted to the state on behalf of each municipality.
F. X. Browne, Inc. prepared year-end reports for each municipality containing information obtained from the haulers. This report included past and present recycling trends in the municipality, and included recommendations for increasing the recycling rate for both businesses and residents.
For some municipalities, we also completed the County Recycling Progress Report. All tonnages recorded were sent to the County’s Planning Commission.
Recycling Awareness Project Summary
F. X. Browne, Inc. was hired by Lansdale Borough and Upper Gwynedd Township, Montgomery County to administer and implement an improved recycling program. We wrote a grant application on behalf of the townships and secured funding from the Act 101, Section 902 Municipal Recycling Program.
If you have any questions, comments, or problems with this
site, please email: